COVID-19 vaccine, booster, & clinic information
Luminis Health wants to be sure you have the most up-to-date information around the COVID-19 vaccine. By getting vaccinated, you can also help protect people around you—your family, your friends and your community.
Luminis Health is currently distributing vaccines through our mobile clinics in Anne Arundel and Prince George’s Counties, at our vaccination site at First United Methodist Church in Hyattsville, and at our vaccination sites at the Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center - Sajak Pavilion, Suite 170, and the Luminis Health Doctors Ambulatory Surgery Center - North Building, first floor.
We encourage you to visit covidvax.maryland.gov to see a full list of vaccine clinic locations in your area.
The following FAQs are based on Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines only. Please be aware that we continue to update these questions and answers as new information becomes available.
About the vaccine & booster
Where do I go?
Here's what you should know about vaccination with Luminis Health:
- On the day of your appointment, bring identification that matches your registration name and address with you.
- Walk into the vaccination clinic no more than five minutes before your appointment to help us maintain social distance.
- Expect a 15-minute appointment, with a 15-minute wait time after. If you have a history of anaphylaxis you may be asked to wait 30 minutes.
- Wear clothing that makes your arm easily accessible.
- If you receive the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, be prepared to schedule your second dose appointment. Know your availability for 3-4 weeks after your first dose appointment in order to schedule your second dose.
- If you develop COVID-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, etc.) before your appointment, we ask that you cancel. You should cancel through your confirmation email.
- You can reschedule your appointment by calling the Luminis Health COVID-19 vaccine call center 443-481-6852.
What is v-safe?
V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Through v-safe, you can quickly tell CDC if you have any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Depending on your answers, someone from CDC may call to check on you and get more information.
"As a Scientist, I believe in the science of the vaccine. As a Lab Director, I would like to be a beacon for my phlebotomists, who spend 80% of their time with COVID patients. As a mother and sister, I'll be the test subject for my family."
Administrative Director of Laboratory Services, Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center
"I am getting my COVID-10 vaccine because 300,000 deaths are just too many!"
Monica Jones, MD
System Chair, Luminis Health Women's and Children's Service Line
"This vaccine was developed by an African American woman... feel the fear and do it anyway!"
Coryse Brathwaite, MD
"My decision became clear. By getting the vaccine, I might help my own family or others not suffer the loss of a loved one. As soon as it is my turn, I will be vaccinated."
Vice President of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer, Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center
"Restoring wellness in Prince George's County starts with ME!"
Lakeesha Colbert, Director, Respiratory Care Services, Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center
"I'm getting my Covid-19 vaccine because vaccines save lives, I want a safer community, and we care for our team."
Sunil Madan, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center
Stay connected with us and receive the latest information on the COVID-19 vaccine.