Using the PrepMod registration system
Thank you! Your choice to get vaccinated puts us all one step closer to ending this pandemic.
Your COVID-19 vaccine registration email includes links to the State’s PrepMod platform. This is the official system you must use to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Each registration link is specific to different morning and afternoon time blocks. Choose the date that works best for you. Then click either the morning or afternoon link.
Important note: PrepMod does not work in Internet Explorer. If that is your default browser, please copy and paste the link into Google Chrome instead.
Once you are in the system:
- Enter your personal information on the first screen.
- Select “no insurance” for the Insurance Type field on the second screen.
- Complete all the required fields on the third screen – these are health-related questions.
- Sign your name with your mouse or touchpad, or type your full name in the box where indicated on screen four to consent to receive the vaccine.
- Review all your information on screen five. If anything is wrong, use the back button to return to previous screens and correct the information.
- Select your preferred appointment time on screen six.
- Important note: If all the appointment times are full, you must cancel your registration and begin the process again. Select a different morning or afternoon block to find available appointment time.
- Do NOT add yourself to the waiting list. We are not using this function.
After you complete your registration, you will receive an email confirmation from PrepMod with your vaccine appointment details.
If you need technical support registering, please call the vaccination registration system Help Desk at 888-503-0515 or email email@example.com.
- Use Google Chrome to register for your vaccine appointment.
- Do not add yourself to the wait list. We are not using this function.
- Only register for your first vaccine dose. We will register you for your second appointment when you are at the clinic for your first vaccine dose.
- Do not select Pfizer or Moderna. We cannot guarantee which vaccine(s) we will have in the clinic. You will receive either Pfizer or Moderna, depending on our supply from the State.
- Do not bring children with you to your appointment. The clinic is very busy and there is no waiting area due to physical distancing.
- If you are running a fever on the day of your appointment, please email COVIDvaccine@aahs.org to reschedule.
- Don't add family members, even though you'll see a button to do so. The registration link is only for you.