At Anne Arundel Medical Center, we’re fortunate to have a team of medical experts dedicated to sharing important tips on how you can live your healthiest life!
In honor of National Doctors’ Day, we’re revisiting our top five most popular stories of the past year written by our physicians.
- The heart truth about dark chocolate and red wine. Is dark chocolate really a heart-healthy treat? Can red wine be good for your health? Cardiologist Barbara Hutchinson, MD, answers these questions and more in this story breaking down the benefits of these popular treats.
- Love, health and relationships: The surprising benefits of being in love. Baran Kilical, MD, cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist with AAMG Cardiology Specialists, discusses how being in love has tangible health benefits for both your body and your mind.
- Your go-to guide for signs and symptoms of a pelvic floor disorder. One in four women over 20 suffer from a pelvic floor disorder (PFD). Kay Hoskey, MD, urogynecologist with AAMC Women’s Center for Pelvic Health, describes the signs of a PFD and your treatment options.
- As a heart doctor, I have to practice what I preach. “When I took a new position several years ago, my focus was on my career and the challenges of a new work environment,” writes Salvatore Lauria, MD, cardiologist with AAMG Cardiology Specialists. “Like many people, I used food to help manage my stress. I made all the usual excuses but eventually realized that I needed to practice what I preached.” He shares his tips on how he lost 13 percent of his body weight in just a few months.
- The 6 most important things you can do for your health. Your health habits and behaviors are what determines 40 percent of your health, says Scott Eden, MD, primary care doctor with AAMG Chesapeake Family Medicine. Read more about what he says are the top six most important things you should be doing for good health.
We wish all of our doctors a happy Doctors’ Day! Thank you for all you to do to care for our community.