At Anne Arundel Medical Center we know that small acts make a big difference in the lives of our employees…and especially our patients.
So, this Heart Month we’ve asked our employees to take the lead on committing random acts of kindness (RAKs) throughout the hospital in order to show their Heart@Work.
We’ve even equipped our employees with special Heart@Work cards they can hand out to fellow employees, visitors and patients when they’ve been “RAKed.” Plus, there are displays around the hospital where you can pick up cards.
A cup of tea, flowers out of the blue, an encouraging note – it’s amazing how a simple act of kindness can turn around someone’s day.
Need some ideas to get started:
- Place an encouraging Post-It note on a co-worker’s computer.
- If you have long hair, cut it and donate it to a charity that provides wigs for those in need.
- Invite someone new over for dinner or prepare a meal for someone.
- Buy a coloring book and crayons. Keep a few sheets and crayons in your bag to help a parent with a restless child.
- Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in line.
- Leave a generous tip.