More than a year and a half after going into lockdown, we’re all anxious to put COVID-19 in our rearview mirror. But if you had coronavirus, and continue to experience its after-effects, you know first-hand that life is far from “back to normal.”
With the goal of helping you manage lingering symptoms, the team at Luminis Health has created a COVID Recovery Service. Here, you’ll find a team approach to helping our community recover from COVID-19.
When symptoms persist
COVID-19 is a new illness. As a result, there’s a lot we’re still learning about it.
One thing that we’ve learned is that not everyone gets over the virus in the same way. While some people seem to recover quickly, others continue to have problems weeks or months after they’re diagnosed.
If you have had COVID-19 and are still suffering from any of the following symptoms, our providers can help.
- Dizziness on standing
- Shortness of breath
- Swallowing issues
- Difficulty with memory
- Voice dysfunction
These symptoms may be bothersome and frustrating. They can also make everyday living challenging.
At Luminis Health, our COVID Recovery Service includes a team of providers from different specialties assisting patients in their recovery after a COVID-19 infection. Our team offers personalized care including:
- Telehealth visits with our providers, including a full medical evaluation.
- In-person visits with our lung specialists, including a physical and cognitive evaluation by a physical therapist.
- Referrals to additional specialties to allow for timely management of symptoms, including cardiology and neurology.
- Outpatient rehabilitation such as physical therapy and occupational therapy:
- Occupational therapy can help if you’re having trouble with activities of daily living, like driving. It can also help with everyday tasks as some find their symptoms worsen after mental activity as well as physical activity.
- Our physical therapists will assess your strength, balance and physical abilities. We will design a program to help you get stronger and make it easier for you to do things you want and need to do. As we work with you, we track your blood oxygen levels and symptoms to make sure you stay safe.
- Speech therapy can help with voice changes, swallowing or memory issues that may occur. Our programs assists with organizing and processing your thoughts along with projecting your voice so you can communicate effectively with others.
It’s okay to reach out for help
If you’re struggling after a COVID diagnosis, we’re here for you. While Post-COVID symptoms aren’t uncommon, you don’t have to live with them.
Contact the COVID Recovery Service team for more information or to schedule an appointment at 443-951-4286.